Casual Disability Support Workers
PALS is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing services which supports individuals with a disability to participate fully in our community.
We are currently seeking professional disability support workers for various casual positions within the Moira Shire and Goulburn Valley area.
To obtain a position description and essential role requirements please contact
Applications close Monday 12 June 2017.
Forward applications to
Respite Planner – Senior Disability Support Worker
- Part-Time, 15 hours per week
- Yarrawonga location
PALS is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing services which supports individuals with a disability to participate fully in our community. This is achieved by offering client directed independent living programs, supported and independent accommodation services, employment options and training.
We’re looking for a person who is passionate about supporting clients to achieve their goals and increase their independence. The role involves applying practical skills and experience to support clients in respite accommodation and ISP programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement and review individualised support plans.
- Act as the primary organisational contact/expert for each client in the respite facility.
- Develop strong relationships with key stake holders
- Work as a skilled resource to fellow team members providing guidance.
- Document clear and concise records
- Work in close collaboration with the Accomodation Team Leader and support staff to ensure positive client outcomes
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with a disability/ relevant human services industry
- Sound knowledge of and experience in coordinating with local services
- Capacity to relate to people from differing cultural backgrounds
- Well-developed understanding of work health and safety practices
- Certificate IV in Mental Health/Disability Services
- Australian Federal Police Check, WWCC, driver’s licence and current first aid certificate
If you meet the above criteria please forward your application letter and resume to
Applications close Friday 9 June 2017.
To obtain a position description please contact